Available Position: Water Superintendent
The position of Water Superintendent is currently available in the Kinross Charter Township Water and Sewer Department. Applicants who do not already have the required licensure will not be considered.
Department: Water and Sewer Department
Supervisor(s): Township Supervisor
Reports to (of other than above): Township Board
Subordinates: Water & Sewer Personnel
Position Status: Full-Time Salary
Required Licenses/Certification: S2-D2 Water Licenses
Required Education/Training: High school diploma. Must be available to attend out of town/overnight training, when requested. Must be able to take and pass written or oral examination, as well as physical examination relating to ability to perform job duties.
- Oversee operation of the Township's water supply, including wells and distribution system.
- Organize workload and supervise workers on the distribution and collection system.
- Prepare and/or review daily log reports.
- Review and approve all purchase orders pertaining to the water budget/system.
- Operate Chlorination and fluoridation equipment.
- Responsible for water sampling.
- Prepare employee evaluations for subordinates.
- Assist with "Right to know" program.
- Responsible for Cross Connection Program.
- Perform and/or supervise maintenance on water system, wells, and collection system.
- Disinfect new water lines and elevated towers when required.
- Update MSDS sheets as needed.
- Understand and support the policies in the Safety Manual of Kinross Township and be able to convey them to subordinates.
- Prepare annual Budget for Drinking water.
- Attend Township Board meetings.
Persons interested must send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
ATTN: LORETTA ROBINSON
4884 W. CURTIS ST.
KINCHELOE, MI 49788